Muhallabia is a traditional Middle Eastern and Northern African dessert. Easy and quick to make, this dessert will be loved by the whole family when it is made with raw camel milk.
Ingredients: Serves 4
3 cups of camel milk
4 tbsp unheated raw honey
3 tbsp arrowroot
1/2 tsp rosewater
3 tbsp chopped pistcahio nuts
- Place the camel milk in a sauce pan, add the honey and arrowroot.
- Combine until lump free.
- Place the saucepan on low heat and bring the mixture to a soft boil. Keep stirring while you do this.
- Slowly the milk will thicken into a pudding like consistency.
- When you reach a boiling point, add the rosewater and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow some cooling.
- Divide the mixture over 4 dessert bowls or glasses.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish your Muhallabia with the chopped pistachios before serving.
Tip: You can also use fruits as a topping for this dessert
Founder & CEO of Desert Farms
Leave a comment